Thursday, June 6, 2013

Elves, SIr!

We had traveling companions these last few miles -- exiled High Elves!  Sam was thrilled and awed, Frodo took it in stride, and Pippin just about fell asleep every half mile. I'm more of a dwarf person myself, but I enjoyed the singing.

Our Elven traveling companion, Gildor Inglorion.

The elves have a strange effect on everyone. There is a peaceful quiet about them, even as they speak their ancient language. Once Frodo displayed his knowledge of the High Elvish language, there was little conversation thereafter. The path was green and woodsy and hilly, and you could see the lights of the village of Woodhall below us.

We camped at Woody End. The baby and I went to bed early, but the hobbits and elves partied into the wee hours of the night. What they could possibly be talking about for that long is just beyond me. I heard "black riders" mentioned a few times, which made me more nervous than I cared to admit.

Total miles so far:
45.88


No comments:

Post a Comment