Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Short Cut to Mushrooms

The woods are behind us now, and the land is becoming increasingly more tame. This is the edge of the Marish, and you can see how the fields are sectioned into farm lands.

Frodo freaked out a little bit when he realized we were at the edges of Farmer Maggot's field. Something about dogs, I think. Apparently he's afraid of them. Baby and I saw a couple of small dogs along the way, but nothing to be concerned about.

Maggot met us at the gate and gave us some beer and food. There was talk of "That Baggins Chap" and a shadowy figure asking around about him. Hobbits aren't in the habit of talking to foreigners, so I doubt he learned anything. Did I mention hobbit food is delicious?

All these mushrooms made me think of this:
http://americanfood.about.com/od/saucesdipsanddressings/r/Mushroom_Gravy.htm

Total miles so far:
64.23



No comments:

Post a Comment