Monday, June 24, 2013

Crickhollow: We'll leave the light on for you

Five miles of running/walking today for me! I'm starting to feel like a proper adventurer.

(Not the actual High Hay Hedge, but close.)




Parallel to the road we find ourselves on is the High Hay, a huge hedge (say that 10 times fast!) between the Old Forest and the land of Buckland. This is a strange place, and while it's not exactly creepy, it's certainly not the place for a picnic. I'm rather glad I don't have the baby with me today.


The hobbits spent the night feasting and gossiping with Fatty Bolger, who made them as comfortable as possible. Frodo wants to retire here. It's too foggy and freaky for me. I keep thinking I see movement in the forest. It's probably just my imagination.


Total miles so far:
74.23

No comments:

Post a Comment