Friday, May 24, 2013

Elevenses - Did you know this is real?

(Graphic by Jake at GhostGlide. http://ghostglide.tumblr.com/)

I swear I should have been born a Hobbit because I'm always looking for an excuse to eat. Wasn't I surprised that the Hobbit mean "Elevenses" is actually a real thing in England and Ireland! Gotta love you Brits!

Elevenses is kind of like Afternoon Tea, only it's eaten in the morning -- around 11:00 am, thus the name. This meal typically consists of something sweetish -- cookies or a pastry or coffeecake, with tea or coffee.

Now WHY exactly aren't we doing this in the US?



Today: More walking. The road rolls ever up and down ...

In other news, Baby and I went exploring since I found my old Magellan GPS and wanted to see if still worked. Actually I don't think I ever used it, so I guess I wanted to see if it worked at all. It was a good thing I had it with me because we got completely lost in one of the subdivisions behind our house. Pretty pathetic, getting lost in your own backyard, basically. The good news is the GPS works fine and now I know how to use the "Backtrack" feature.

We can JUST see across the Woody End to the River. For the next 3 miles or so, the road seems pretty straight and level. I suspect our next day's journey to be nothing terribly exciting. No adventure, danger, or anything of that sort ...

Total Distance thus far:
28.98 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment